Diva Cup No. 2 Post Childbirth
The DivaCup ?No. 2 Post Childbirth is a reusable, bell-shaped menstrual cup?that is worn internally and sits low in the vaginal canal, collecting rather than absorbing your menstrual flow.?Menstrual cups?have existed since the 1930s when women were searching for an alternative to the choices of the time. Yet, its breakthrough into the feminine hygiene industry is much more recent.
Many women feel uneasy about changing their menstrual care routine. Years of dealing with the sights and odors of disposable tampons and pads cause the familiar reaction: ?ick!?. The Diva Cup No. 2 Post Childbirth cup empowers women to connect with their bodies and menstrual cycles like never before. Perfect for all activities (on air, land, or sea). Its easy-care and use make for a better period experience. Wear The DivaCup?for up to 12 hours without leaks or worry.
- Model 1: ?Recommended for women under 30 years old who have never delivered vaginally or by cesarean section.
- Model 2: ?Recommended for women over 30 years old and/or for women who have delivered vaginally or by cesarean section.
What Not to Do
Never use a lubricant to insert?The DivaCup. The ingredients in lubricants can damage the silicone, so we suggest using only water as a lubricant. When cleaning your?DivaCup be sure to avoid the following:
- tea tree oil
- scented/fragranced soap
- Castile/peppermint soap or any other oil-based soap
- rubbing alcohol
- antibacterial soap
- hand sanitizer
- pre-moistened wipes
- hydrogen peroxide
- dishwashing soap
- bleach or harsh chemicals as some have been known to damage or compromise the silicone
If you have cleaned your DivaCup with any of the non-recommended cleansers. Then, please replace the cup if there are any signs of deterioration or if you experience irritation.?We do not recommend cleaning?The DivaCup in the dishwasher because chemicals, detergents, and residue from previous dish washing could harm the cup.
After use and proper cleaning,?The DivaCup must be put in something that will allow for airflow. For this reason, each DivaCup?you buy comes with a breathable drawstring cotton pouch. After proper cleaning, place your?DivaCup?in your carrying pouch, in a safe place, where it can stay until your next period.
*The DivaCup?should never be stored in an airtight container or plastic bag as it is impossible for moisture to evaporate without airflow
We recommend that you inspect your cup regularly for signs of deterioration (such as a sticky or powdery film, severe discoloration or odor, etc.) or if you experience irritation. If for some reason your?DivaCup?starts to discolor or develop an odor you may want to consider replacing it or giving it a thorough cleaning by boiling it and washing it well with the?DivaWash.
It is important to follow the Cleaning & Care instructions outlined in your User Guide to ensure good vaginal health and prevent any damage to the silicone.?If at any time The DivaCup is put into an unsanitary condition such as a toilet, please replace it with a new one.
- Read your User Guide!
- Remember to thoroughly wash your hands with soap and warm water before?insertion?and removal.
- To maintain the integrity of?The DivaCup?clean thoroughly with warm water?and?The DivaWash?or?use a mild unscented water-based (oil-free) soap.
- Unlike tampons, be sure to insert?The DivaCup?horizontally?(toward the tailbone).
- Be sure to not push the tip of the stem further than a 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) into the vagina. Inserting?The DivaCup?too high may cause leaks, and may also make removal more difficult.
- After insertion, ensure that the cup is fully open by rotating it a full 360 degrees in either direction.
- Practicing Kegel exercises will help keep your vaginal muscles strong and may help?The DivaCup?stay in place better and prevent leakage.
- If?The DivaCup?does move up in the vaginal canal and you are experiencing difficulty removing it please refer to Section B of the User Guide for assistance.?In the rare case that you are still unable to remove?The DivaCup?after more than twelve (12) hours, seek medical advice.